art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

1/11/14

akká: walking the old city

After our lunch my friend and I wandered through the old stone streets of Akká, which were thankfully not crowded. Some of the photos show how narrow and confining many of the streets are and believe it or not almost all of these streets are used by cars. As a matter of fact, there are very few bicyclists anywhere in Israel, other than group riders on the weekend. I think it's due to the lack of rules on the road. If you're not behind the wheel you may not have any rights at all. At least it feels that way!


Turkish Bathhouse - inside was divine


fancy street sign
Europeans on tour
 

Interesting street art



The next and final post regarding our Akká walk will be photos of the two religious places we explored. One is Muslim and the other is Christian!

2 comments:

  1. I just love your photos, I feel like I was on this tour. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kepi. It's so much fun exploring new places!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...