art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

5/23/13

market day dish: vegetarian cold plate

I don't know about you, but I get lazy when the weather gets hot. What to do? Make a salad or two ahead of time and have it waiting for you after a hard day at work. I put together two salads (the weekend is a good time), then cut up fresh carrots and red bell peppers and bought a small container of fresh baby mozzarella balls. I store the cut veggies in fresh water in the fridge. Dinner is on...or lunch!

Cannellini Bean and Herb Salad, center. Lemon Cumin Potato Salad, upper right.


 Lemon Cumin Potato Salad doesn't show the fresh cilantro leaves because I didn't have any! I added a bit more cumin and crushed red chili pepper than what the recipe called for.

 Warm Cannellini Bean and Herb Salad tastes great cold too. I did not add the shrimp or olives listed in the recipe. Yew!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...