art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

5/17/13

focus on life: looking up - week 20

This week let’s change our perspective and look up!

There is a whole world above us that we sometimes miss seeing because we simply forget to look up.


Sally's prompt is "Looking Up" for week 20 of the year long photography series "Focus on Life" at The Studio Sublime. I've been looking up all week in the hopes of seeing a fab photo op, but no such luck!

It was on the last day this week when I stood outside the main entrance to the International Teaching Centre building (where I serve) and found what I was looking for. Clouds. I am enjoying the most expressive skies, during my stay in Israel, that I have ever seen. The cloud formations are amazing. I wonder if it has to do with being located on the coast? Maybe that huge body of water called the Mediterranean Sea influences the nature of the clouds.

Every time I look out at Haifa Bay, where the water meets the sky, my eyes, my heart and my body sigh with pleasure. This is my daily view, morning and evening, while walking to work and back to the flat, but only in portions, as the view is far more sweeping than what my camera can capture in one picture.





Just in case the bay photos aren't considered "looking up", lol, I looked above me and got a shot of another favorite thing, columns with clouds!

Speaking of looking up, you can see the sun setting over the Mediterranean in my birthday post Chocolate Mousse and Sunsets from earlier in the week. :-)

 I joined this blog group at week 8, (monochromatic experiment) in February, and I've had a blast ever since. I missed last week's prompt, "Hope", due to very long work days including the weekend! I'm back and can't wait to see all the fab eye candy photography over at Sally's blog The Studio Sublime

32 comments:

  1. What a beautiful view, both of the bay and the clouds in your first two pictures. The composition of the columns and clouds is great also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are just stunning pictures! what a view, wowza ... you could get lost in that view! and love the columns with the clouds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do get lost. Every morning I stop and check it out. See how many ships are on the water...and the sailboats are like specks. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. wow! what a view - i'd never get any work done...
    I, too, love columns and clouds :)
    wonderful photos, as always!!
    have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire - some days my feet do drag a bit. I could stand there for a long time just gazing. :-)

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Debi. Your shots this week are wonderful. The columns frame the sky perfectly. It's interesting seeing another part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becky. That's one of the reasons this blog series is so great - seeing the world through others, but also on a more meaningful level. :-)

      Delete
  5. Wow, what a view and gorgeous photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by Sandi!

      Delete
  6. Oh my what lovely photos! The sky is just filled with amazing clouds - wow! The pic of the columns and the clouds is just stunning - that's my favorite,..it's some how very soothing to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shel, I agree, there is something about the columns and sky. It does speak to me of strength and hope as well as a calming peace.

      Delete
  7. I love that last shot! Something about ancient buildings or architecture against the sky...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Janet! Maybe the sky adds an element of grandness. :-)

      Delete
  8. It looks like a beautiful place. I would love to visit Israel. The clouds are wonderful as is the view of the bay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is beauty but also desert. It's not a "romantic" place like Europe...lol. But the history is incredible. Thanks for your visit, Katherine!

      Delete
  9. What a stunning view. I am enjoying all of the blue skies this week since mine have been varying shades of grey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shots of your world! Love them - and I love your birthday pictures of the sun too, stunning! Happy (belated) birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you stopped by and thanks for the b-day wishes!

      Delete
  11. The view of the bay is gorgeous, as are all your photos. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhhh...very nice! What wonderful views.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pictures of they bay, and things above our heads!

    ReplyDelete
  14. the light in the last photo is amazing... all the images are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh - how gorgeous! You are a very lucky lady, indeed, to be blessed with a view such as that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori, I do feel blessed in many ways. :-)

      Delete
  16. Glad your back! I love seeing the photos of Israel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Adrienne!!

      Delete
  17. So beautiful! I don't know that I would ever get any work done with a view like that! Amazing. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can certainly be distracted... :-)

      Delete
  18. Oh my! Wonderful dome!!...and that column picture is just stunning, it makes you feel like you are laying on the floor just looking up at the sky..wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking at the sky in this part of the world is never boring :-) Thanks for coming over to see me, Lori!

      Delete

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...