art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

3/19/13

watercolor love: my mini travel set

Here's my little travel watercolor set I mentioned in a previous post, and a quick color test exercise. I have no idea what the color names are, but that's okay.  I brought it to Israel in case I have an opportunity to sit in the gardens and try my hand at painting flowers. I hope to learn enough about using watercolors to actually try it! 

I've heard it's better to know how to draw first, in order to paint. I'm not sure how accurate that statement is, but if I believed it, I might not try painting, because I can't draw a straight line across the page. I'm an optimist. Regardless, it's the journey of discovery that makes me happy.



3 comments:

  1. Oh my word - this is absolutely lovely. I love the pattern and color play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lori! It is like a color feast for the eyes isn't it?! Paint is magic waiting to happen...I love the anticipation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colors. You will have so much fun just playing and experimenting.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...