art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

3/22/13

focus on life: observe the curve

Everyday curves in my everyday life.

Dictionary - curve: deviation from a straight line or plane surface without sharp breaks or angularity.

My version - curve: a line that flows with a pleasing effect, creating movement, such as an arc, loop, spiral or swirl,  which can be attractive to the human eye. 

For Week 12 of the Focus on Life series, Sally's asks us to take a moment to focus on all the different kinds of curves that surround us everyday. I love the gentle flow of a curve. My eyes light up at the sight of a beautifully formed curve. I carried my camera with me for one day this week, snapping shots here and there. Thank you Sally, for a very enjoyable day of discovery, and thank you to all the friendly comments from my fellow bloggers. I really look forward to seeing your posts every week!

 Here's a few of my favorite everyday curves.

Light above my kitchen sink. Notice the curvy metal grate outside the window.

Curvy back design on dining chair at breakfast

Salt and butter dishes. Curvy lids with curvy patterns.

Three levels of curvy stairs outside my office

Curvy bowl, holding dried rosebuds from the local spice shop, in my office

My favorite fortune cookie saying, in this small dish on my bedside table.



Please visit The Studio Sublime to enjoy more curves!

21 comments:

  1. What fun! Love all the curves you found around you. I never get any great fortunes like that, lucky girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic fortune! I feel lucky just reading it... And your chair! Exquisite photography! Such a neat, beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect, perfect post! I love all the different curves especially the last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely thought .. about a smile! Your office stairs look great.. Remidns me of looking down a light house at the stairs spirling around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fortune cookie saying has been sitting in that bowl for months! I noticed it at the end of my picture-taking day ... Serendipitous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great collection of curves! LOVE that fortune cookie! and really loving those Moroccan salt and butter dishes. Fantastic colors and curves in those!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photo with the fortune cookie quote and how apt for this week's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Especially like the stairs and the dish with the fortune. How apt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful curves, Debi! I'm swooning over your butter dish. GORgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some neat shots... the one at your kitchen window... the roses in the curvy white bowl and what a fortunate fortune! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are beautiful curves and beautiful photos. I especially love the bowl with the potpourri.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful curve pics Debi. Thanx for sharing your day with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great curves! Those butter and salt dishes....oh my! My heart is going pitter-patter! They look....Moroccan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure the dishes are actually Moroccan...but as I'm in Israel they could be labeled as a "Mideastern" design :-)

      Delete
  14. Lots of wonderful curves here. The fortune is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes...that butter dish is pure art! But your last picture....wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect curves and I love the chair photo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love, love your post.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi I love your beautiful curves and the saying on the fortune cookie slip.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you all for stopping by and sharing your comments! Life wouldn't look quite the same without curves. Sending smiles to everyone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I just love your curves. All so flowing and graceful.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...