art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

3/8/13

focus on life: all wrapped up



It's Week Ten of the Focus on Life year-long series.  Sally is inviting us to consider something "All Wrapped Up". This could be something wrapped in paper, a sandwich wrap, a blanket, or to cover or fold...wrapping up a project and so on.  

The first thing that came to mind is a blanket. I love the feel of a soft plush blanket wrapping me up from head to toe. (Okay, neck on down!) But I wasn't thinking of just any blanket, but a special blanket I packed when moving overseas, to remind me of Miss P, my BFF and (now 4 year old) granddaughter.




We spent many afternoon nap-times and story hours wrapped up together in our soft blanket, especially during the Colorado winters. She's hugging kitty (below) who also joined us during our cozy afternoons. 

When it was time for us to say good-bye, I wrapped Miss P close in my arms and didn't want to let her go. I gave kitty to her for safe keeping and the blanket traveled with me half way around the world, as a gentle reminder of those special moments we snuggled close, wrapped up tight with love.



As comforting as it is to have our soft cozy blanket wrapped around me, reminding me of Miss P and home, I'd much rather have my arms wrapped around her right now!!

Stop by Sally's blog, The Studio Sublime, to see how other wonderful bloggers interpret "All Wrapped Up".

21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. She is, she really is! Thank you.

      Delete
  2. So sweet. I can just feel you missing her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes indeed! Thank you.

      Delete
  3. I know that Miss P still feels wrapped in your love! Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beti. I think she does. We skype to keep the love flowing strong!

      Delete
  4. So sweet.what wonderful memories. I hope you can wrap those arms around her again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will come August!! Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful and bitter sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful memory of Miss P an the special blanket. She will treasure these times with you for many years. Miss P. is a cutie-pie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this one made me cry ... how sweet is little Miss P! I can understand why you'd want to have your arms wrapped around her!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh so sweet the memories of being all wrapped up with such a little cutie. I am sure she will welcome being wrapped up in your arms once again when you return.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beauty! i totally understand that feeling... a loved one being far away... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh... love the photo of Miss P... and your blanket memory. I had a special pink blanket when I was a child and wish I had it today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so hard when distance separates us from the ones we love best. I'm so glad you have a special blanket to help draw her closer to you in thoughts and memories, even if not so often in person. I can just picture the two of you talking on the phone, her hugging Kitty while you cuddle in the blanket, drawing eachother close.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, so sweet. I was wondering when someone was going to mention a blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous girl! I love to be all snuggled up under a blanket too. Beautiful wrappings of love.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such a sweet photo. You made me all teary because I know how I would feel to move so far away from my granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you to all for your lovely comments. I have wonderful memories of a loving grandmother, so I do hope that is passed to Miss P. as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She really is precious. That blanket must be really special to you. Your story was great. I hope you get to see her again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love that story, and I love you too. It makes me in my heart feel special.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...