art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

2/17/13

my bead soup is in France!



I've heard from my partner, Solange in France, that her bead soup has arrived. Now I can post what I sent to her! I wanted to find something that was unique to Israel, but that just didn't happen. I am close to only one bead shop and it's actually quite similar to many of the shops in the States. I looked and looked but there just wasn't a focal bead that I was pleased with.




What I did find was a stone pendant. I loved the shape and that it's turquoise, as stones are one of my favorite materials. There is a lot of turquoise in the Southwest of the United States, where I grew up, so it felt right. Starting with the pendant, I also chose my favorite toggle clasp by TierraCast (Made in the USA).

I've never had a problem with silver and turquoise together, but years ago when I saw turquoise accented with gold I was hooked. On top of that add in warm shades of bronze, rust, brown, green and this redhead is a happy camper!




Following that color thought, I added (left to right above) wood, turquoise nuggets, creamy fresh water pearls, peachy picasso Czech glass, round turquoise, burgundy glass, bronze potato pearls, turquoise tubes and a variety of antique brass accents, like spacers and links, to the soup.

I can't wait to see what my partner does with my choices! I have seen her work and it's beautiful so I expect to be very impressed!

15 comments:

  1. I just love the colors in your soup! I am another redhead that prefers the gold, copper or brass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Bead Soup that you chose. The colors are so earthy and beautiful and the inclusion of freshwater pearls was an unexpectedly delightful twist. (I love pearls with turquoise1)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous soup indeed!!! Your partner's really lucky , I'm curious to see the result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful soup!! Can't wait to see what will be created!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies! It's interesting how pearls can elevate a piece just like that. Must be that glow...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love turq and pearls together, and warm shades of metal. Rich & exciting soup! Can't wait to see what your partner creates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous collection of beads. Great soup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great soup, lucky Solange!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debi - I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. You can find more information at Mistheword12.wordpress.com

    Cheers, Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan, I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  10. Hi ladies! It's going to be so much fun posting her finished piece on April 6th for the second REVEAL! Seems like so far away, but I know it'll be here in a flash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth. I'm so glad to hear from you!! Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  12. I love Turquoise, I love the mix of turquoise and antique gold and I have a lot more inspiration working with. The shape of the pendant is so unusual.
    All the colours you chose is just for me the antique gold toggle and accents is just gorgeous.I started working with all my treasure... thank you so much Debi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you are happy with your soup, Solange! I look forward to your finished piece. I can't wait.

      Delete

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...