art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

2/13/13

my bead soup has arrived

My bead package from my partner Solange in France is here. I took my beads to the office today to take photos while it was daylight. Otherwise I would have to wait until Friday!

I love the texture and color of this collection. The clasp stands out as well as the round shells and beautiful polymer clay green birds. And I love birds! The ceramic focal bead adds wonderful color and organic style. This will be much different than my current choice of material: pearls, crystals and seed beads. 


Brass, adventurine, African trade, shell, abalone, and handmade clay beads.

Ceramic Focal Bead and Toggle Clasp - It's mandatory to use both in the design.

Thank you Solange from France! The brain is starting to warm up to some ideas. I may need to make a trip to my local bead store for some brass wire....

11 comments:

  1. stopping by to visit all the blogs taking part in the bead soup blog party cant wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debi, Thanks for the Facebook post about blog hopping. I was doing a bit of that myself today. I love your soup! Won't it be fun to view the reveal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MaryEllen - yes I can't wait. I love the anticipation!

      Delete
  4. Hi Debi, I was a little off facebook and computer for the past day due to my bad shoulder and backache.I did not know you had received your soup.I am happy you like your soup.I hope tomorrow we will have sunny or bright day for me to take picture, I will blog about our mutual soup soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Solange - Sorry to hear that. I'm looking forward to enjoying your blog posts as well!

      Delete
  5. Ooh that's a fun looking soup! Guessing by the pretty bracelets in the most recent post, these colours will be in your wheelhouse! Thank you for coming by my blog and checking things out, sweet comments are always appreciated! A wee bit of unsolicited advice... you may want to consider turning on your email in your profile so I can chat back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking at my profile it appears that my email is on. Not sure what's up with that! It will have to wait until I have a moment. Thanks for the suggestion. Now I know it's needs fixing!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful soup! I'm eager to see what you make with it. I made the little birds Solange sent you. They've traveled so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Leah. So nice to "meet" the artist of the cute little birds. They are fabulous! Yes, from the UK to Israel. What fun!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...