art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

2/25/13

focus on life: monochromatic experiment


I've just joined Focusing on Life, a photography blog hop devoted to posting one photograph each week based on a theme, organized by Sally of The Studio Sublime. This week's prompt by Sally, for week eight, is to think about viewing what we see in one color, as in a monochromatic photo. We can either set the camera to black and white or alter the photo after in an editing program.

I haven't had much time lately, since I'm in the middle of a move (and therefore also without personal internet at the moment) so I chose to set my camera to the black and white setting and snap a few quick photos during lunch while in my office. Not having used the B/W setting on my camera before, it took many many minutes before I was able to figure it out! When I did I noticed the camera also had a "sepia" setting, which appealed to me even more.

Looking around my office I didn't see anything that might make an interesting photo op until I looked outside. I have a wonderful view of the groomed gardens of the Baha'i World Center in Haifa, as well as the Seat of The Universal House of Justice, which is the Head of the International Baha'i Community.

View from my office window


Office plant

I enjoyed paying attention to the light while taking these photos and wondering what they would look like in sepia tone. I like it! Be sure to stop by Sally's blog The Sublime Studio to have a look at more photo blog postings for week eight!



2 comments:

  1. The view out your window is a great monochrome subject, as well as just a great view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Beti! Thank you for visiting. I enjoy it everyday!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...