art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

12/1/12

watercolor love: color mixing chart

I sat down with a new artist friend for a casual fun visit to play with paint color mixing while discussing color theory. It has always been a dream of mine to paint with watercolors, creating one of those magnificent flower paintings where the colors just pop off the paper in all it's flowing gorgeous intense beauty. 

Well, I think that's going to be quite a stretch, but a girl can dream! I just love the thrill of seeing what the paint will do when it connects with water or another pigment. Seeing the colors I could create felt like magic.












My paint tubes are by Daniel Smith and I ordered them from Cheap Joe's in the US. I have no affiliation to Cheap Joe's. I am passing it along because I think these paints are fabulous and Cheap Joe's is a great company to deal with. Their customer service is outstanding!


8 comments:

  1. Have loads of fun with this! You'll surprise yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Ruth!! I'll give it my best shot :-)

      Delete
  2. My sister thought she would give water color a try as well and look what she has done. http://fernness.com/art-11.html You will be happy to go on this adventure and from you sample you have the touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sister is very talented. Thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debi! Watercolor has interested me for many years. The longer I wait to get started the subtler my color choices are. If I wait long enough there will only be "emptiness" to paint. Maybe that's the whole point! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're funny! I do know what you mean though. Maybe you could try your hand at the Japanese style of painting. Simple but very expressive strokes of the brush and lots of white space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a fantastic job! Now you can continue to carry it further until your painting comfortably on your own. Thanks for joining in and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori! I'll watch for your next lesson!

      Delete

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...