art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

12/23/12

more photos from my Hadar shopping day in Israel

A friend and I spent a day Christmas shopping in Haifa before flying home for the holidays. We walked around an area called the "Hadar" where many small but diverse shops are located. The Hadar has Israeli and Russian stores, while the Wadi is mainly Christian Arab shops. I really enjoy the diversity this city offers. These are random photos of our day.


I was so impressed with a wall of buttons!

Lots of bling here in Israel!!




The local subway to travel up or down Carmel Mountain.

A book I'm sure my grandson would like. But it's in Russian...

Display in a Russian bookstore.

Walking down Herzel toward the Wadi

Lunch break! Falafel time!


Building art in the Wadi

Eating lunch on the street

Preparing the lights at the top of this huge Christmas tree.



4 comments:

  1. Great photos, very interesting to see what is offered in another country. Looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun trip. I loved the wall of buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go back just to see the button store! Looks like you had a fun day. Hope you enjoy your trip back home. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies! The buttons were great. My camera couldn't even get all the buttons in the viewfinder! Not to mention buttons continued on the opposite wall.

    Susan, I'm in the states as of this writing and it's a blessing to see family again after being apart for 14 months. That may not seem like much time to others, but for me it felt much longer. It almost feels like I never left!

    Happy New Year - Debi

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...