art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

7/27/12

market day dish: confetti quinoa salad

Simple and light for summer. And so pretty! This week I brought my usual variety of veggies home - tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers. I already had a huge bag of carrots to work through.

Veggies: tomato, cucumber, red bell pepper, and carrot
 
Quinoa is one of my favorite grains because its a good partner for just about any vegetable I have around. Fruits too! Here I've started with a bowl of cooked quinoa, then chopped whatever was in my fridge (the carrots were shredded), tossed in some raw sunflower seeds, chopped parsley and squeezed fresh lemon juice all over. Add a dash of salt & pepper and its good to go!


Experiment with your favorite raw veggies and fresh herbs for a custom salad. Don't forget to try toasted nuts and dried cranberries. Yum!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, now I'm hungry! Beautiful photo, delicious food!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...