art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

6/23/12

market day dish: fresh salsa for those chips



Friday's are one of my favorite days in Israel as it's the first day of the weekend and a busy market day around town. It may be because Saturday is the Sabbat and most stores are closed. I live near the Hadar, a shopping area in an older section of Haifa, with the Wadi section just north of the Hadar, where one can find an open air produce market offering tables full of fresh fruits and vegetables.







I miss a nice fresh salsa to dip my corn chips into, so I filled my bag with everything needed to fix a bowlful. 










Simple to make! Finely chop all of the following: 1 onion, about 7-8 ripe tomatoes, 1 green, yellow or orange bell pepper, (but not red, it'll clash with the tomatoes. You want it to look colorful!), 1 jalapeno pepper in your preferred hotness degree, 2-4 garlic cloves and a bit of fresh cilantro leaves. Add salt & pepper to taste. Mix and chill. Best eaten within 3-4 days.

Fantástico!

7 comments:

  1. Looks DELICIOUS! Now I'm going to have to go out & watch my tomatoes grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, a garden of tomatoes beats a market any day! Lucky you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful where you are. Those vegetables look too tasty. I'm glad you can find the time and space for a little jewelry making too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ruth-

    I'm so glad to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Now you made me hungry--that looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your spot in the virtual highway is refreshing. Glad to see your new jewelry, great photos and your salsa looks great. It reminds me I better go water my tomatoes. All the best...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you stopped by, Jo Ann! Lucky you to have a garden to grow! Hope it does well this summer with the terribly high, prolonged heat the USA is experiencing.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...