art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

5/11/12

market day dish: green and white summer salad - super simple!


I've just come back from walking around Masada Street where I found a tiny market with nice looking produce, a few antique shops with fine porcelain from Germany and hand-stitched linens from England and a very cool "shabby chic" style shop full of items to beautify one's home.

It's heating up here in Israel, so a cool salad using some of my newly purchased produce seemed like the perfect lunch. With a bit of creative thinking and an empty tummy to inspire, I came up with this simple raw salad. I've named it the...



GREEN and WHITE SUMMER SALAD

1 petite cucumber, sliced
1 small zucchini, chopped
1 sweet apple, chopped

Toss in a bowl with a healthy sprinkling of raw green pumpkin seeds, raw sunflower seeds, and sliced almonds. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over everything and drizzle with a bit of olive oil over the top. Scatter however much fresh cilantro (coriander) you like and add a dash of salt and pepper.

Chill and eat right away!!

A nice serving for one person.
 

2 comments:

  1. I have had so little appetite lately, but this looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Galen. I found this combination to be very refreshing and almost a kind of a cleansing dish. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...