art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

2/29/12

quinoa (keenwah): my new fav!

Brown Lentil Quinoa Vegetable Casserole

I've been aware of this unique and lesser known "grain" for some time, but it wasn't until I was served a quinoa salad recently, that I have come to fully appreciate its qualities and flavor. Since that first dish I've tasted several more delicious concoctions and loved them all.

Some of the ways I enjoy quinoa is as a breakfast dish, warm with chopped apples, dried cranberries and a dash of cinnamon. Or a side salad, mixed with fresh chopped cherry tomatoes, raw red and yellow peppers, parsley, cilantro, and something sweet like raisins or dried chopped apricots. Also as a hearty dinner entree like the dish above- Brown Lentil Quinoa Vegetable Casserole.

And, maybe best of all, quinoa is high in protein and vitamins. What's not to like? For a large selection of quinoa recipes to try check out the Savvy Vegetarian.


Happy Eating




3 comments:

  1. I love Quinoa too!! Quinoa flakes are my favorite breakfast cereal!! Peace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too- I may have to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came for the Quinoa recipe while searching but, after reading a bit about you, think your voice added to our site would be a great addition (we don't monetize it in any way). www.agreatplace.ca collects inspirational, everyday moments from people such as yourself. If featured, you could link others to your blog. Any questions, please feel free to email me at trace.green345@gmail.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...