art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

12/5/11

celebrating together in Israel!



Peace Card in eight languages by Be Wonder of Western Galilee, Israel



 I've learned there is a festival, close to my neighborhood, that celebrates three of the major religious December holidays! Chanuka, Christmas and Eid al-Adha.

It's called the Festival of Festivals, and takes place in Haifa's mixed Arab-Jewish Wadi Nisnas neighborhood. The festival promotes good neighborly relations by hosting cultural and artistic events throughout December.

 I hope to have an opportunity to learn more about this wonderful celebration and enjoy the fabulous Israeli art that I know is being displayed!


2 comments:

  1. I am honured to be here!!!!
    I think a lot about this time of the year
    From the begining of humanity this was the hardest time - cold and dark. People experinced survival in its harsh way! I feel that is why in ALL tradorions and religious there is a special light holiday - winter solstice....Celebration of the rebirth of light!
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a wonderful time to celebrate that light together. Thank you for your beautiful art and stopping by to share with us!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...