art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

3/11/11

women: art and words


Pure and Real
“The education and empowerment of women throughout the world cannot fail to result in a more caring, tolerant, just and peaceful life for all.”
Aung San Suu Kyi

Looking Out For You
“We have to free half of the human race, the women, so that they can help to free the other half.” 
  Emmeline Pankhurst

In The Kitchen

"I have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is. I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.” 

Rebecca West 1913

These gorgeous paintings are by Peggy Wolf. You can meet more women in her Etsy shop, Peggy Wolf Design.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful images. I love all the color on your site--feel like I just got a long, cool drink here and am fully refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your wonderful comments, Joy. It makes me happy to think others are enjoying all the fabulous art as much as I am :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...