art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

3/29/11

art picks: breast cancer comes calling

This is a personal theme selection. Today I found out my mother has breast cancer. I'm a little bit a lot angry as she just went through brain surgery, last month, to remove a tumor. (Non-cancerous). My mother faced her brain surgery with optimism and courage. I know she will rise up to meet this challenge equally as strong. 

These beautiful pieces of art are chosen to dedicate a message of hope and strength for her and all women. Many of these artists are giving back to breast cancer research with the purchase of their lovely items. They all have beautiful shops worth visiting.  

Thank you for giving back!



Pink Ribbon Photo Mosaic (made up of roses!) by Mazza Mosaics

Pink Chiffon Necklace by Olives and Pearls

Hope Hand Painted Tiles by Darryle P

Pink Bird of Hope by Middleburg Folk Art Studio

Vintage Book Wreath by Simple Joys Paperie

Collage Art Cards by Local Wisdom Cards

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for including me in such a thoughtful post---and best healing thoughts to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A heartfelt blog post! I am sorry to hear about your mother. Hope, love, and faith is all she needs :) I wish her the best of luck...

    Thank you for including Olives and Pearls! I am happy to be a part of this beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good wishes for your Mom, and for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful message for your mom! Good luck to the both of you. She is lucky to have a daughter like you by her side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!

    I have six siblings and we are all part of my mom's support system and bring different capabilities to contribute to assist her. We all work very well together to cover as many bases as possible - emotional, physical, financial, logistics...etc

    I feel very lucky that way and I know my mom does too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry to hear of your mother's illness, especially so soon after the last. It is good that all of you can provide a strong support network. don't forget to take care of yourself, too.

    Your pictures above are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i pray for your mom recovery, take good care and don't loose hope.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...