art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

2/2/11

spreading peace with sasa's peace rocks

Last weekend I headed west to my old stomping ground and home turf of Manitou Springs (Colorado) to spread a couple of Alison's peace rocks that I had won in December and blogged about in January. On the way I left a rock at a city bus stop on the east side of Colorado Springs, close to a big indoor mall. 

Citadel Transfer Station East Side

Maybe this rock greeted someone first thing Monday morning on their way to work.

Peace Rock No. 5032 up close

Local hang-out with my kids back in the day. The structure behind the boulders is a band shell with a stage for outdoor concerts. Lots of fond memories of my kids playing on these huge rocks.

Boulders at Soda Springs Park, Manitou Springs

Peace Rock No. 5033 up close

Locals come here to fill up jugs of natural spring water. Water is also used for healing.

Shoshone Natural Springs

Peace Rock No. 5038 up close

Looking over Manitou Springs around 1902. The view remains the same :-)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I love where you put the Peace Rocks!! You are a natural!! Thanks so much for spreading the Peace, you Rock!!! You made my day, thanks!!! ☮  ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of leaving peace rocks where others can find them. I sometimes leave little Baha'i-oriented things out in public where I hope they find just the right person!

    :)
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a lot of fun and a nice way to spent time outdoors. While it was fairly warm and no snow!

    Sometimes those little things we do make a big difference to someone. And the very least it may put a smile on someone's face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful concept! I must be able to do something like that with clay and words. I am now officially addicted to your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...