art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

1/17/11

remembering: Martin Luther King, Jr.

Hand painted portrait by Brown Art Co.

"Well, I don't know what will happen now; we've got some difficult days ahead. But it really doesn't matter to with me now, because I've been to the mountaintop. And I don't mind. Like anybody, I would like to live a long life–longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over and I've seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the Promised Land. And so I'm happy tonight; I'm not worried about anything; I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord."

~ Martin Luther King   

The last words of his last speech in Memphis, Tenn

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

To learn more about Dr. King, please visit the following sites ~




1 comment:

  1. OH, I can just hear that speech in my mind as I read those words. Martin Luther King, Jr., was an enlightened man.

    Thank you for your post!

    <><

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...