art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

1/13/11

in unity is our security by homa sabet tavangar


One World One Love by whimzwhirled



Much is being written and commented upon regarding the Tucson tragedy. I normally don't post about this type of news event, but after reading the following Huffington Post article, "In Unity is Our Security: Baha'i Wisdom for Violent Times " by Homa Sabet Tavangar, in which she refers to the Tucson event as one of her examples, I thought her words to be very relevant to the "whole peace process". And very worthy of sharing with you here.

Here's a small excerpt

"With too many examples of escalating conflict, coming together calls for nothing short of a transformation of society and attitudes. A gift as precious as unity -- in diversity, not uniformity -- will be hard won. I believe that "The well-being of mankind, its peace and security are unattainable unless and until its unity is firmly established." Our security is dependent on our unity."

I hope you have a chance to read it. 


3 comments:

  1. I was a small child of 10 the first time I carried a sign asking for peace in this world. Had to make a new sign in the 80's when again a president took us to war that was never called a war. Then his son took over and all hell broke loose. I never thought at this point in my life I would still have to carry a sign asking for peace. I'm glad to know I am not in this struggle alone and remain positive that someday I can just carry a sign that says THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted on this tragedy today too. But for the "forgotten" victims.

    Thank you

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this post and always calling for peace.know that your word counts and one day maybe and hopefully there will be peace.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...