art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

1/26/11

in my studio: mistakes with a happy ending

Last weekend in the studio was a lot of fun because I made a few mistakes and had to figure out how to salvage a couple pieces of metal. I couldn't just throw them away, so had to use some of that creative energy I talked about in yesterday's post! Below is the outcome of those mistakes. A mistake could mean a stamped word spelled wrong or a hole punched in the wrong place. Yep, that's what I did but you'd never know :-)



  Hand stamped and hammered necklace. The last line, not showing because I cut it off, was misspelled but it still worked out.



I hammered and stamped the copper and etched the brass disc for different projects. Didn't plan to put disc on the copper, but that's where I punched the hole off enough to make a difference in how the pendant would hang. I couldn't use a jump ring to attach the chain from, so I threaded the chain through the hole and the bead acts as a stopper when the necklace hangs around the neck.  



I etched this brass disc with a heart pattern but didn't like how it turned out, so I stamped the words in and beat it up a bit, then riveted the disc to the copper square.


 

These earrings turned out fine. Just threw them in for eye candy :-)

7 comments:

  1. Neat outcome, Debi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right. I would never know that you made "adjustments". It's great when you can can fix something you didn't like the first time around. I really like your jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am a fan of your work, i love the way you can create jewelry with your hands using different material, i am a jewelry designer, i only sketch but i never tryed to make them myself.
    great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much everyone. There is a a lot of satisfaction in solving mistakes or working around them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work has wonderful composition and design. These pieces look like miniature works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jo Ann! That feels special coming from a wonderful painter as yourself!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...