First, I mentioned in prior posts that I was going through my stuff and unloading. I put some of my stuff aside and in August I carted it off to sell at my local outdoor flea market. In a day and a half I made a month's salary and still took half a van load to the local donation center.
It has been fairly easy to maintain my possessions at the current level and even continue to find more items to remove as I go about the business of daily living. On to my definition...
Dictionary meaning of "simple":
1. Having or composed of only one thing, element, or part.
2. Not involved or complicated; easy.
3. Being without additions or modifications.
4. Having little or no ornamentation; not embellished or adorned.
5. Not elaborate, elegant, or luxurious.
6. Unassuming or unpretentious; not affected.
My idea of simple living is:
Less material possessions =
less space needed
less burden on others
less environmental impact
more clarity of mind
more dollars saved
All the better to focus on important things like...
One simple, well-known sentence I read somewhere has deep meaning for me:
"Live simply so that others may simply live."
See The Story of Stuff
What does living simpler look like for you?