art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

5/19/10

fresh summertime tomato sauce

I love the combination of red, green and white ingredients together!

First of all, please ignore two things: This tomato sauce recipe is for fresh sauce, not cooked, but I warmed mine in a pan on the stove. Second: If you look close, you can see that I didn't use basil. I didn't have any, but I did have parsley in the fridge. So...


This is a fabulous recipe uncooked or gently cooked. As in just warmed up. Which is what I did here.


Fresh Tomato Basil Sauce 

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves minced garlic
3 medium chopped ripe tomatoes1/4 cup chopped coarsely, fresh basil1 teaspoon salt

Stir together everything in a medium bowl. Let sit at room temperature for a bit to blend flavors. Serve over your favorite pasta.


After I cooked it gently. Just enough to warm it up. I like to add a few twists of pepper.


4 comments:

  1. Ooh, garlicky- That looks amazing. And I *love* your spoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks scrumptious...but what I really like is that cool looking spoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are making me so hungry! I'm stopping by from Rhonda's blog... I saw your comment on her simple living post.

    I wanted to share another site that I think you might enjoy. Maria's Farm Country Kitchen (www.mariasfarmcountrykitchen.com) focuses on simple living- home cooking and organic gardening.

    Check it out, and join her FB fan page as well, as there are lots of simple living women there engaged in great conversation!

    Hope to see you around,
    - Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks j. and Janet! I think I acquired the spoon somewhere traveling... I'm a sucker for an unusual wooden utensil.

    Dana, that is a great link, thank you! And just in time to learn about how to deal with the weeds growing in the cracks of my driveway.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...