art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

8/15/10

sopapilla cheesecake - sinfully sweet

This cake was served at a Toastmaster's potluck a while back, where I was a guest. (I can go to eat, but you'll never catch me making a public speech). It is so sinful I haven't been able to bring myself to make it at home, but I sure think about it! That's why there are no pictures to share.

Cake:

3 (8oz) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
2 pkgs. crescent rolls
1 1/2 C. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

1 stick (1/2 C.) melted butter


Topping:

1/2 C. sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Unroll 1 package of crescent rolls in the bottom of a greased 13x9 pan. Whip cream cheese, sugar and vanilla and spread over crescent rolls. Top with second package of crescent rolls. Pour melted butter over the top of crescent rolls and sprinkle with the sugar cinnamon mixture. Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.



Suggestion: Try reducing the sugars by 1/4 C. and the butter a bit. I think that would still make a rich dessert and may be just a bit less sweet, which is okay. The original recipe above is quite sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...