art ~ jewelry ~ interfaith devotions ~ peace to you...

2/2/10

lightening my life - the 100 thing count

I've been looking back over the past year and thinking about where I am now and where am I going...and how in the heck am I going to get there! Year after year what stays with me is the desire to simplify. Use less. Own less. Live more lightly on the earth and all that stuff.

It doesn't take long before my environment overwhelms me and I want to chuck everything. But is that going too far? And won't I regret it later? How do I know for sure what to keep and what to let go of? There is no sure answer. I think it's called faith. To let go and have the knowledge that when I need something it will be there at that time.

The best I may be able to do is find a balance that feels internally right for me. I found a few links that can help me start down a "clutter-free" path.

100 Thing Challenge

Remove Clutter From Your Home

Organize Clutter

2010 will be my year of lightening my load. I look forward to "traveling" through life more joyfully because I will have less things to worry about, to take care of, to clean, to move, to pay for....and the best bonus of all-

leaving a smaller foot print on our planet.

Up next...counting what I have now. To understand how much I really do have.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2/03/2010

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and taking the time to write! Peace and Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...